Who is Lios?
Lios Technologies is a small company with big skills. We develop technical communication solutions of all sizes, including user manuals, online help, and training materials, for organizations of all sizes, mostly in the IT and manufacturing industries.
What you’ll do
At Lios, our clients and writers often need to get words on the page quickly. Since most of them are French speakers and come from a technical background instead of the writing and editing world, we need a technical content editor who can go above and beyond a simple copyedit.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Edit technical documentation for industries such as software, machinery, high technology, and manufacturing
- Edit user, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting manuals; online help content; or any other documents
- Review content and recommend structural edits, such as changes in approach, organization, structure, or flow
- Revise content for quality, tone, style, and consistency
- Copyedit content for correct grammar and syntax
For a quick overview of some of our past projects, see our accomplishments.
What we're looking for
Here’s what you’ll need to have a great time working with us:
- Advanced editing and rewriting skills
- An analytical mind and the ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- An ability to see things from the user’s or learner's perspective
- Great teamwork skills
We’ll be impressed if you have a solid knowledge of:
- The Microsoft Office suite
- The MadPak suite (Flare, Lingo, Capture) and Adobe tools (FrameMaker, InDesign, RoboHelp)
- Snagit or other similar software
- Jira, Confluence, Slack, and other project management tools
What we require
- A university degree in communications, writing, or another relevant field
- At least two years' experience in technical editing
- Native proficiency in English (passive knowledge of French is an asset)
Interested in working with the Lios Technologies team? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.